Sunday, February 13, 2011

Breaking bad habits?

Next on our list: A habit that we wish we didn't have.

When I think of this, a couple come to mind. But I think the one that bugs me the most is that I procrastinate so dang bad. The next thing I know, I've got 30 projects that need to all be done in an hour when I have had several days to complete them. Little simple things that could have taken a couple minutes here and there, are now taking me double the time. It's stupid! And as much as I sit here and complain about it. I still do it. No matter how many sleepless late nights I cause myself, I never learn. It was the worst in high school. I found myself waking up at 5 or 6 in the morning to write my English paper that was due that day. But I knew about it for two weeks. Funny thing is, my life really isn't eventful. I didn't have any awesome excuses as to why I put it off so long. Just did. As I start college again next winter, I need to whip myself into shape. Maybe put up sticky notes everywhere in my home saying, "I will not procrastinate.", "You are not a procrastinator!", "Procrastination gets you no where." etc. You get the idea. Haha. As silly as it sounds, and even though when I do procrastinate.. I get it done every time. This is a problem!
Any suggestions?

Kara!
Jenny says she'll post later, she's being a lazy bum!

2 comments:

Laura said...

i know what you mean! i am probably one of the best procrastinators there ever was!! haha

Lesh said...

Good luck with that! Let me know if you figure out a way to beat it because I could use some help.