Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Supermom?

In all reality, my mom is my ultimate superhero. As much as this may sound cliche', silly, or I may be sucking up.. I have literally been to hell and back with this woman. Besides, she'll never see this anyway. So sucking up would get me no where.
It took me 19 years to learn respect for her. It took me 21 years to actually learn how to apply that respect towards her.
I moved out the week of my 18th birthday. Thinking that I knew everything. I was moved out before I even graduated. Eight months later, I called my parents on the day that I moved up to Orem. Even though my parents weren't happy about it, she still called me to check on me all the time. And supported my decision the best she could. Which lead to a lot of ignored phone calls and weeks of time between talking.
Til I made the call that I never thought I would, and moved home after a year. Still being an ignorant teen, I moved right out again. Only to find half a year later that it again.. Got me no where.
The end of 09' about to turn 20. I'm living back at home, and I wouldn't change a thing. The end and the first of the next year, was probably the hardest time of my life. And my mom was right there by my side. The whole way. We became best friends, but at the same time.. She still was a mom.
And the best one I could ever, EVER ask for. Our relationship is amazing, strong, and invincible!
I am my moms biggest fan. And she is my all time hero.
I love her.

I don't have any of the pictures we have together. I'll get one later and put it on here.
Thanks for reading!

Kara

1 comments:

Lesh said...

Your mom is amazing!